– The clubhouse was glum as always after a tough loss, so I scanned the area on the side of the clubhouse near Lincecum’s locker to see if I could spot anything interesting. Besides the out-of-date Giants calendar, here’s what I saw.
– Next to Lincecum (who appears to have two lockers) is Brian Wilson, who definitely has two lockers. One’s for his baseball stuff (uniforms, gloves, spikes) and the other is full of clutter. It’s not quite a “Hoarders” situation, but it’s getting there. Tonight I saw a large pillow with a sign reading “10 Things You Need To Know About Chuck Norris,” several bags of Pop Chips, a pair of old Hexalite black/neon green/red Reebok Pumps and a small Buddha. A pretty representative collection of belongings, I’d say.
– Lincecum’s space is decidedly cleaner than Wilson’s. The main thing I noticed (because I’m a bit of a shoe hound) is he had more brands of footwear than anyone I’ve ever seen — at least for a professional athlete, who usually has everything from the same brand, the one that sponsors him. Lincecum had shoes or shoeboxes from Nike, New Balance, Mizuno and Reebok, along with the same Rainbow flip-flops I have. Stars who don’t get any run support — they’re just like us!!!
– Madison Bumgarner has a pair of black cowboy boots, but you probably already figured that.
– Sergio Romo’s locker is in the corner right next to Wilson’s. If you didn’t already love Romo before, you should see the space above his locker (where his name and number are) where he put up several letters from fans (one from a kid that’s written in black and orange marker), along with a black and white poster someone drew of his heavily bearded face. I think it’s a pretty good bet that if you send Romo fan mail, he won’t just read it. He might display it, too.